Earlier this week, Trojan Technologies President Marv DeVries shared the news with Trojan Associates that he will be retiring from Trojan this Spring. He looks forward to spending more time with his wife Peggy, their children and grandchildren, and being engaged in a variety of non-profit activities.
Marv joined Trojan 30 years ago in 1988. He has held progressively senior leadership roles in the Company and was appointed President in 2003, a position he has held for nearly fifteen years. With a background in engineering, Marv’s strategic vision, industry expertise and skilled leadership have contributed immeasurably to Trojan’s growth and success.
Trojan Technologies Well Positioned to Continue Path of Growth
“We live in a world of growing water stress and water scarcity, and the solutions that Trojan offers in response are sought after for their reliability, their efficiency and for the trusted support that we provide.
Collectively, the Trojan team represents one of the greatest concentrations of expertise in the global water industry. The businesses have collectively never been stronger, and are very well-positioned to continue on a path of growth. As such, I believe that this is the right time to step down as President.”
When Marv joined Trojan 30 years ago, the company was comprised of one business unit, and revenues were $5 million.
The company has since grown to:
- Six businesses serving different segments of the water treatment market with revenues of US $250M (CDN $300M)
- 750 associates, operating from 25 locations in 16 countries
- Manufacturing in London & Guelph, Ontario, Valencia, California & Salsnes, Norway
- > 5.0% of revenues re-invested in Innovation
- More than 10,000 municipal installations on 6 continents in over 100 countries*
New Trojan Technologies President Appointed
Trojan is pleased to announce that Stephen Bell, will be appointed as the new President of Trojan Technologies. Stephen will assume this role effective March 12th, 2018.
Marv DeVries and Stephen Bell with Hank Vander Laan (Founder of Trojan Technologies)
Stephen is currently President of Aquafine (a Trojan business) and McCrometer – both part of Danaher’s water quality platform.
Since 2006, Stephen has held leadership roles in product management, business development and service with Hach Ultra Analytics and Hach EU – companies that are also part of the water quality platform. Stephen earned a Masters in Engineering from the University of Durham, England and an MBA from IMD International in Lausanne. He and his family will be relocating to the London, Ontario area.
“It was my privilege to participate in the selection process for my successor in this role. I have known Steve for several years, as a colleague within Danaher.
Steve is a good listener, a creative thinker and a dedicated leader and team player, and I have no doubt that he will bring these qualities to his role as Trojan’s next President. We congratulate him and welcome him as he transitions into this new role.” – Marv DeVries
* To put some of the numbers into context, the number of TrojanUV installations worldwide represents:
- Displacement of over 285 railroad tanker cars of liquid chlorine (a train > 5 km long), every day.
- The reduction total carbon emissions by the equivalent of emissions from ~ 800,000 cars & trucks, in 2017 alone.